Rigtech Independent Ltd can help with your safety management, we can:
- Assess or prepare safety cases.
- Conduct worksite inspections, risk assessments and hazard analysis to determine conformance with legislative and regulatory requirements.
- Conduct a technical review of your engineering and operational standards, ensuring that they are fit for purpose.
- Audit and assess the standards of third party contractors.
- Provide bespoke training courses to enhance your employees knowledge and attributes towards safety, and the management of safety.
- Provide independent, qualified, experienced personnel for SHE ad-hoc roles within your organisation
Rigtech Independent can prepare or audit Safety Cases and the Safety Management system.
In the UK we can audit the implementation of Safety Case requirements, from emergency response, evacuation and escape to the preparation of performance standards within a written scheme of verification.
Maintenance activity can be audited to ensure it fulfills the Written Scheme and data monitoring can be verified to ensure performance standards are proven.
As well as the management system, technical auditing can help assure the integrity of the safety systems on an installation, issues such as:
- Lifeboat and Davit condition, maintenance and preparedness.
- Fixed Firefighting systems operational preparedness.
- Fire and Gas detection systems.
- Access to sea systems.
Rigtech can audit safety management systems to ensure their effectiveness and verify that they are technically sound.
The auditing would include such issues as:
- Permit systems
- Lifting plans
- Evacuation and escape
- Alarm systems
- Personnel competency
- The use of PPE
- Chemical storage and handling
- The reporting of accidents/incidents
- Galley health and safety
- Accommodation health and safety
Very often we find that although safety personal are very capable in managing safety systems, they do not necessarily have the technical skills.
Rigtech can provide the personnel and experience to fill that gap.
Technical safety issues might include items such as:
- The operation and maintenance of Well control equipment.
- Electrical safety
- Crane safety
- Pressure vessels
- Critical gauges
- Pressure relief valves
- Derrick safety
- Stabbing boards
- Equipment such as Drawworks, Auxilliary brakes, Shakers, BOP hoists, Mud pumps, etc.