Rigtech Independent have applied their knowledge and experience to the decommissioning of platform drilling units.
WE CAN OFFER A SERVICE THAT ASSESSES, PLANS, IMPLEMENTS AND MANAGES THE CONTROL OF THE:
- Liaison between all the interested parties and management of the interfaces.
- Ramp Down process of the drilling systems.
- Mechanical and Electrical isolation of the drilling systems.
- Flushing and bleed down of all pressure systems.
- Identification, evaluation and mitigation of environmental impacts.
- Handling, removal and disposal of solids, liquids and gases from all systems and equipment is in strict compliance with government regulations, industry guidelines and company policies.
- Handover of the drilling package, in a proven safe condition to the principal decommissioning contractor.
Recent work includes the Decommissioning of the CNR ‘Murchison’ drilling package in the North Sea
FOR EXAMPLE, A SYSTEMATIC PROCESS OF EVENTS IN DECOMMISSIONING A BOP CONTROL UNIT WOULD BE:
- Hazard and Risk assessment conducted.
- Permits prepared.
- System removed from service and proven inert:
- Prime mover electric driven pump and air operated pumps permanently isolated.
- Nitrogen accumulators bled down to atmosphere and bladder valves removed.
- Oil reservoir drained and lines bled down to lowest point.
- Lines split and fluids drained.
- Tagged as “out of service” and in “decom state”.
- Components and spare parts identified for retention.
EQUIPMENT CAN BE EVALUATED WITH CONSIDERATION TO:
- Retaining in storage
- Breaking down into spare parts
- Transfer to another facility.
- Re-sale value
These mud pumps were dismantled and critical components retained in storage
On completion, systems and equipment are formally handed over to the principal decommissioning contractor