AN INTRODUCTION TO RIGTECH
Rigtech Independent was founded in 2002 to satisfy a growing demand for specialist technical skills in the inspection and maintenance of drilling rigs.
This demand was generated by a number of needs including:
- A desire by drilling contractors and oil operators to reduce costs through the improvement of rig performance and the reduction in downtime.
- The need for an oil operator to ensure a rig was as specified and well maintained.
- A desire to ensure that the rig crews were competent and capable.
- A need to ensure the rig was in a safe condition.
- An assurance that the rig and would be operated within the framework of an effective safety management system.
Rigtech offer a range of services, all intended to support drilling rig activity ranging from newbuild project management to end of life decommissioning. The services offered include, but are not limited to those itemised below:
PLANNING AND PROJECT CONTROL
ASSET INTEGRITY MANAGEMENT
COMMISSIONING AND FAT
A number of services include several sub sections. For example, Auditing would include, but again not limited to:
- Maintenance and maintenance management.
- Stores and store management.
- Equipment condition.
- Equipment verification before shipment offshore.
- Regulatory compliance.
- Provision and use of Work Equipment regulations.
- Well control API standard 53 verification.
- Pipe handling operations.
- Drill floor interlock verification.
- Drill floor operations.
- Technical Safety (also a function of Safety Management).